[R] A two-part question about box-percentile plots, bpplot(): (1) yaxt="n" doesn't seem to work (2) how to display mean values

xpRt.wannabe xprt.wannabe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 04:42:25 CEST 2005

Dear List,

I have a two-part question related to bpplot(), a box-percentile plot
function in the Hmisc package.

Take the example given in the Help for bpplot(), for instance.

(1) How does one set but not draw the y-axis?  What I did was,
bpplot(... , yaxt="n"), but that apparently does not work (though it
works for boxplot()).

(2) How does one display the mean value of each variable inside each
respective box-percentile box?  The following is what I did but to no
avail:

> bpplot(x1, x2, x3)
> points(1:1, mean(x1), pch = "1")
> points(1:1, mean(x2), pch = "2")