[R] Efficient ways of finding functions and Breslow-Day test for homogeneity of the odds ratio

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Tue Oct 18 17:00:56 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 14:27 +0100, MJ Price, Social Medicine wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been trying to find a function to calculate the Breslow-Day test for
> homogeneity of the odds ratio in R. I know the test can be preformed in SAS
> but i was wondering if anyone could help me to perform this in r.
>
> In addition i have the fullrefman file to search for functions in the basic
> R packages, does anyone have any suggestions of an efficient way of
> searching for functions in the other add-on packages on the website?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Malcolm

RSiteSearch("Breslow"), which will perform a search of the e-mail list
archives and other online documentation, reveals this post:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/50202.html

which in turn leads to this code:

http://www.math.montana.edu/~jimrc/classes/stat524/Rcode/breslowday.test.r

There is also code for the Woolf test in ?mantelhaen.test

Further searches can be conducted using help.search("Keyword"), which
will search your installed set of packages.

See ?help.search and ?RSiteSearch for more help on these.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz