[R] Classification tree data structure

Hades hades at aurix.plus.com
Tue Oct 18 18:25:20 CEST 2005

 That's most helpful.  Thank you very much for your time.
   Best regards,
   Maria
   On  Tue  Oct  18 17:18 , Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> se   nt:

     On Tue, 18 Oct 2005,      > Hi there,

     >  I  am  growing  classification  trees using the 'tree' p     add-on to R.
     >
     >  I  would like to convert the 'R' output to the SAS fo     by  Salford Systems' commercial CART software in order to interfac     e with some
     > other software.
     >
     > My question is:
     > How can I parse the R tree data structure in order t     tree
     >  structure?  The 'tree' class has a member '$frame' wh     the
     >  splits  at each node, but as far as I can see does no     the
     >  daughter  nodes.  Is  this  information accessible throu     interface to
     > class 'tree' or do I need to dive into the C code?
     The  daughter  nodes  of  n  are  2n  and  2n+1.  The print method,
     print.tree,  is  <     parse the tree (and you can see      the pattern of the numbers from its result).
     Brian D. Ripley, [1]ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
     Professor of Applied Statistics, [2]http     ://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/
     University of Oxford, Tel: +44 1865 272861 (self)
     1 South Parks Road, +44 1865 272866 (PA)
     Oxford OX1 3TG, UK Fax: +44 1865 272595