[R] JGR help.search

Brian Haney nautix at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 19 01:47:26 CEST 2005

If there is a better forum for JGR questions, please redirect me.

Whenever I try to open the help browser in JGR (by clicking on Help -> R
Help, or by entering help() or help.start() at the console), it pops
open a window complaining that a path was not found and that help will
not be available, followed (after ack of the first) by another window
that complains along the lines "URL Error:
/tmp/Rtmpk7DtNG/.R/doc/html/packages.html (No such file or directory)"

After acknowledgement of the second window a help browser opens but
seems to have no content.  Searching on the word "list" opens a new tab
attached to an empty page.

I expected the help browser to open without complains and offer a series
of topics and links by which to peruse the help files.

I am ever so grateful for any insight that may be offered.

--
Brian Haney, Software Engineer & UNIX Systems Administrator
University of Washington, Dept of Biostatistics