[R] ipop (kernlab) gives pars < lower bound ?

Alexis Diamond alexisjdiamond at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:11:30 CEST 2005

hi again,

i have fixed some of the problems i emailed about previously-- the
answer is to fiddle with the "margin" variable.  but new problems have
arisen: when i set the "margin" variable appropriately to preclude
negative values, i get the following error message:

Error in drop(.Call("La_dgesv", a, as matrix(b), tol, PACKAGE = "base")) :
system is comptuationally singular: reciprocal condition number = 1.57163 e-16

and i was wondering if there's anything i can do about it, or if my
data is just not good for this problem.

also, i am still curious about
(1) how to use ipop's "bound" argument

(2) what should i make of the warning message discussed below?

thanks again,

alexis