[R] Help needed with ks.test

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 12:13:50 CEST 2005

Ciao Emanuele,

you could give a look to this contribute on fitting
distributions with R, maybe it could be helpful to
you:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Ricci-distributions-it.pdf

Regards,

Vito

Emanuele Mazzola  wrote

Hello to everybody,

I'd like to submit a problem I'm dealing with, and I
can't get an answer to
by myself.
I have to test if my data come from a specific
probability distribution, of
which I know the analytic form both of the p.d.f. and
the c.d.f.
Namely, it is the hypoexponential distribution, sum of
two exponentials with
different parameters.
Is there any way I can manage the task with ks.test?
It's not straightforward to compute the inverse of the
c.d.f in order to
simulate data from that distribution...

Thank you very much in advance for your kind answers!
See you
EM

Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

"Statistical thinking will one day be as necessary for efficient citizenship as the ability to read and write"
H. G. Wells

Top 10 reasons to become a Statistician

     1. Deviation is considered normal
     2. We feel complete and sufficient
     3. We are 'mean' lovers
     4. Statisticians do it discretely and continuously
     5. We are right 95% of the time
     6. We can legally comment on someone's posterior distribution
     7. We may not be normal, but we are transformable
     8. We never have to say we are certain
     9. We are honestly significantly different
    10. No one wants our jobs

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palesesanto_spirito/