[R] how to set environment variables?

Andreas Zankl andreas.zankl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:07:17 CEST 2005

Thanks. Sys.putenv did work, however this has to be set every time I start R.

gs is on my path and works fine under Unix, but I get the following
error when running bitmap (without setting R_GSCMD first):

/bin/sh: line 1: gs: command not found

I assume the problem is related to the fact that I am using the csh
shell, while the new Mac OS X default shell is now bash. So I guess
my .csh path settings are ignored by R calling bash. I solved the
problem by adding my R_GSCMD settings to the Renviron file
(R_GSCMD=${RGSCMD-'/sw/bin/gs'} in my case). Hope this helps anyone
with the same problem.

Thanks again for your help!
Andreas

--
PLEASE NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: ANDREAS.ZANKL at GMAIL.COM

--------------------------
Andreas Zankl, MD
Division of Molecular Pediatrics
Clinique Infantile 02/50