[R] npmc package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Oct 22 11:52:49 CEST 2005

Kjetil Holuerson wrote:

>>     Carlos> So, is there another package to substitute those
>>     Carlos> functions described on "ORPHANED" npmc package ?
>>
>> May be not.
>> But nobody stops you from becoming the new maintainer of the
>> package, fix it such that it passes 'R CMD check' (for R-2.2.0)
>> and resubmit it to CRAN; so it won't be orphaned anymore ...
>

> I just looked, this package is now neither in the orphaned
> subdirectory nor the main directory on CRAN ...

Kjetil, yes, because nobody took over the package for more than half a
year and the CRAN maintainer decided to delete it from the ORPHANED
directory as well (not sure, but I think it has not passed the checks).
As already mentioned in an earlier post: The package is still in the
Archive section of CRAN, though.

Uwe Liges