[R] Strange update behavior of gregmisc

Thomas Schönhoff tschoenhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:26:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I notice an odd behavior of gregmisc package when using
"update.packages()" via R --no-save (as root).
Every time I launch update.packages() gregmisc is repeatedly selected
for upgrade. Current available version of gregmisc is 2.08 according
to 'installed.packages()'. Despite I obviousely have already installed
the most up to date gregmisc,  gregmisc will be updated repeatedly?

No one seems to have noticed a similar behavior like this before
according to mail archive. All dependencies are seemingly meet and no
error messages occured, so I am kind of stuck to figure out what
happens here.
Here is my update session:

thomas# R --no-save

> update.packages()
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
gregmisc :
 Version 2.0.6 installed in /usr/lib/R/site-library
 Version 2.0.8 available at http://pangora.org/cran
Update (y/N/c)?  y
try URL 'http://pangora.org/cran/src/contrib/gregmisc_2.0.8.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 901 bytes
URL opened
downloaded 901 bytes

* Installing *source* package 'gregmisc' ...
No man pages found in package 'gregmisc'
** building package indices ...
* DONE (gregmisc)

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/Rtmp4Thydf/downloaded_packages

When I relaunch 'update.packages()' the same as desribed above is
going to happen again?

Do I miss something?

regards

Thomas