[R] horizontal violin plots?

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Wed Oct 26 15:41:28 CEST 2005

Le 26.10.2005 14:52, Karin Lagesen a écrit :

>I am trying to make horizontal violin plots. I have tried both vioplot
>and simple.violinplot, but both of them seem to not be willing to take
>the horizontal option. Is this correct, or am I just bungling it
>somehow?
>
>For instance, for vioplot (from the example shown, with the horizontal
>modification):
>

>>vioplot(bimodal,uniform,normal, horizontal=TRUE)
>>

>Error in median(data) : need numeric data
>

>Karin

Hello Karin,

the vioplot package only contains one function : vioplot of about only
150 lines.
It won't be hard to look at that code and add an argument horizontal
yourself. You just have to replace x by y and vice versa in all the
lines, rect, ... calls. Maybe you can contribute it afterwards.

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques