[R] changing memory limits to speed up lsoda

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at muohio.edu
Wed Oct 26 16:43:00 CEST 2005

Hi All,
I am running R 2.2.0 on Mac OS 10.4.2, dual G5 processors with 8 Gig
RAM.
I am running a simulation with lsoda that requires ~378 s to complete
one set of time intervals. I need to optimize the parameters, and so
need to considerably speed up the simulation.
I have tried to figure out how to change the appropriate memory
allocation and have search R help and Introductory information and
the archives, but connot figure out how to allocate more to the right
place.
I would greatly appreciate any pointers or tips or leads.
Thank you,
Hank Stevens

Dr. Martin Henry H. Stevens, Assistant Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056