[R] How to manipulate an abitrary dimensioned array.

Mike Meyer mikem at salter-point.com
Fri Oct 28 00:43:05 CEST 2005

Thanks for the suggestion.
Perhaps I can see how to use apply to get the ratio, but say I also want
to return X[,,,,1] in a general way.  Maybe I am being dense but I just
don't see it --- probably as a result of too much Perl/Python/Java
recently that is clouding my mind.

So can someone suggest a general function that will give me the last
layer of an arbitrary dimensioned array?

Berton Gunter wrote:
> Why doesn't apply() already do what you want?
>
> -- Bert Gunter
> Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
> South San Francisco, CA
>
> "The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
> process."  - George E. P. Box

Mike Meyer,  Seattle WA