[R] its dates masked by chron

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Oct 28 04:58:00 CEST 2005

On 27 October 2005 at 11:47, Omar Lakkis wrote:
| I built R 2.2.0 from source on my debian machine yesterday and updated

FYI, Debian had 2.2.0 package for you to download for over a week.

| all packages. My problem is that "dates" function from its, that my
| code heavely uses is now masked by "dates" from chron.
| How can I specify tehat I want to use dates from its or how can I
| prevent it from being masked?
|
| > library(its)
| Hmisc library by Frank E Harrell Jr
|
| Type library(help='Hmisc'), ?Overview, or ?Hmisc.Overview')
| to see overall documentation.
|
| NOTE:Hmisc no longer redefines [.factor to drop unused levels when
| subsetting.  To get the old behavior of Hmisc type dropUnusedLevels().
|
| Attaching package: 'Hmisc'
|

|         The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :
|
|          ecdf
|

| Attaching package: 'chron'
|

|         The following object(s) are masked from package:its :
|
|          dates

I can't replicate that. Using the Debian packages for R, Hmisc and its:
edd at basebud:~> dpkg -l r-base-core r-cran-hmisc r-cran-its | grep "^ii" | cut -c-78
ii  r-base-core    2.2.0.final-2  GNU R core of statistical computing language
ii  r-cran-hmisc   3.0.7-1        GNU R miscellaneous functions by Frank Harre
ii  r-cran-its     1.0.9-1        GNU R package for handling irregular time se

I get the following (using --quiet to truncate the output):

edd at basebud:~> R --quiet
> library(its)
Hmisc library by Frank E Harrell Jr

Type library(help='Hmisc'), ?Overview, or ?Hmisc.Overview')
to see overall documentation.

NOTE:Hmisc no longer redefines [.factor to drop unused levels when
subsetting.  To get the old behavior of Hmisc type dropUnusedLevels().

Attaching package: 'Hmisc'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         ecdf

Hth, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'