[R] Problems with source() function

Al aldeluis at usal.es
Fri Oct 28 18:07:17 CEST 2005

I'm trying to feed data generated on-the-fly by a PHP script using R
function source(), passing the arguments in the URL, using GET method
("http://someserver.com/script.php?a=343&b=873"). If not on-the-fly, the
user has to wait more and get the data in more than one step.

I'm trying a one-step simple method but for some reason the source()
function truncates silently the data. I will try your suggestion of a
binary file if I can generate the gzip stream on-the-fly...

Thank you!

Alberto de Luis
Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics Lab
Cancer Research Center
Salamanca (Spain)