[R] GLM

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Oct 31 21:21:13 CET 2005

Dear Jeff,

One way to do this is with by():

summaries <- by(example, Individual, function(data){
    mod <- glm(Type~Dwater+Habitat, data=data, family=binomial)
    list(AIC=AIC(mod), coef=coef(mod))
    })

sapply(summaries, function(x) x$coef)
rowMeans(sapply(summaries, function(x) x$coef))
sapply(summaries, function(x) x$AIC)

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox