[R] R environment

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 1 00:54:44 CEST 2005

This is probably a weird question but I need to know if there is a way...

I run an R batch job without saving the variables at each step to the
disk.   Is there a way to invoke another session of R and link it to the
same environment for read only.

The problem is that I am running optim with every step getting the
parameters into the global env using <<- However, I forgot to issue a
save(list=ls(),...) right after so I can load and see how the parameters
are changing. It's been couple of days and it is still running so I am
hoping that I can invoke another session of R and link it to the
environment of the batch session. Does this sound totally ridiculous ?

it is a debian machine with R 2.1.1

Thanks

Jean