[R] Linux Standalone Server Suggestions for R

Whit Armstrong whit at twinfieldscapital.com
Thu Sep 1 04:27:15 CEST 2005

you can test out a live PPC 64 bit system here:
http://www.openpowerproject.org/us/signup.php

I have successfully built R in my home dir and compiled a few packages for it.

Here are the machines available:

			Universität Augsburg  	Peking University
Server 		OpenPower 720 		OpenPower 720
Equipment 		4-Way POWER5 		4-Way POWER5
Memory 		8GB		 		16GB
Installation 	Debian	 		SUSE Enterprise 9

I think the 16GB solution is approaching or beyond your budget.