[R] Spacing and margins in plot

Earl F. Glynn efg at stowers-institute.org
Thu Sep 1 16:17:16 CEST 2005

This technote explains the margin area (mar) and how to modify it to control
white space around a graphic:
http://research.stowers-institute.org/efg/R/Graphics/Basics/mar-oma/index.htm

When you have multiple figures on a graphic, you may also want to learn to
control the outer margin area (oma), which is also explained.

AFAIK, the only way to get the axis label "closer" to the axis is to
suppress the actual axis labels and use the mtext command to display
alternative text where you want it.  For example, look at the blue text in
Figure 2B (at the above link)  that is between the axis label and the axis.
This blue text is at line=2, when the axis labels are at line=3.

efg
Bioinformatics
Stowers Institute

news:7f50836c050901060555b9289d at mail.gmail.com...