[R] R binaries, platform independent and Design of Experiments

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Sep 2 09:50:06 CEST 2005

Nam-Ky Nguyen wrote:

>>a) The sources are available and really easy to compile on all those
>>operating systems.
>
> Honestly, I only know how to compile my Java programs. Anyway, we have

Oh dear, I only know how to compile my C programs, and I never read the
docs when something has to be compiled with Java. So we have a problem
now, since you have not read the docs on compiling R.

> been able to work out how to download all files
> http://cran.au.r-project.org/. The entire CRAN is 5.4GB. This requires two
> DVDs!.

The sources of base R are in one file with 12 Mb and it's not that hard
to say

  ./configure
  make
  make install

is it?

Looks like you have to look for some other software than R.

Uwe Ligges