[R] Doubt about nested aov output

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Sep 5 01:31:42 CEST 2005

	  Others may know the answer to your question, but I don't.  However,
since I have not seen a reply, I will offer a few comments:

	  1.  What version of R are you using?  I just tried superficially
similar things with the examples in ?aov in R 2.1.1 patched and
consistently got F and p values.

	  2.  My preference for this kind of thing is to use lme in
library(nlme) or lmer in library(lme4).  Also, I highly recommend
Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-Plus (Springer).

	  3.  If still want to use aov and are getting this problem in R 2.1.1,
could you please provide this list with a small, self contained example
that displays the symptoms that concern you?  And PLEASE do read the
posting guide! "http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  It might
increase the speed and utility of replies.

	  spencer graves

--
Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer