[R] Question

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Sep 5 02:01:14 CEST 2005

	  1.  I could find no references to "var.ran" with
RSiteSearch("var.ran") and when requesting "var.ran" from S-Plus 6.2.

	  2.  Have you considered "simulate.lme"?

	  3.  Are you familiar with Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects
Models in S and S-Plus (Springer)?  I highly recommend this book.

	  spencer graves

Mahmoud Torabi wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I would be pleased if anybody can help me. I'm using linear mixed model
> (lme) function.I'm doing some simulation in my research and need to be
> assigned variance components values during of my program. Specifically,
> when I use lme function, I can get some information by use summary() and I
> can assign some valuse like variance of fixed parameters and variance of
> random error
> term by using for example  varFix and sigma.But I don't know how I can
> assign for variance of random effect.
> I know in SPLUS we have command var.ran, how about R ?
>
> Thanks alot.
> M.Torabi

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer