[R] fitting distribution tails

Ingmar Visser I.Visser at uva.nl
Wed Sep 7 13:58:10 CEST 2005

Not an R-response, but see this reference:

Dolan CV, van der Maas HLJ, Molenaar PCM
A framework for ML estimation of parameters of (mixtures of) common reaction
time distributions given optional truncation or censoring
 BEHAVIOR RESEARCH METHODS INSTRUMENTS & COMPUTERS 34 (3): 304-323 AUG 2002

on estimating distribution parameters on truncated data sets, there is an
accompanying program available (which may or may not easily port to R ...)

hth, ingmar