[R] Time Series Analysis: book?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Sep 9 05:44:43 CEST 2005

	  1.  Have you read the appropriate chapter in Venables and Ripley
(2002) Modern Applied Statists with S (Springer)?  If no, I suggest you
start there.

	  2.  Have you worked through the vignettes associated with the "zoo"
package?  If no, you might find that quite useful.  [Are you aware that
edit(vignette(...)) will provide a script file with the R code discussed
in the vignette, which can be viewed in Adobe Acrobat while you are
working throught the examples line by line, modifying them, etc.?  I've
found this to be very useful.  If you use XEmacs, "edit(vignette(...))"
may not work.  Instead, try Stangle(vignette(...)$file).  This will copy
the R code to a file in the working directory, which you can then open.]

	  3.  Have you considered Durbin, J. and Koopman, S. J. (2001) _Time
Series Analysis by State Space Methods._  Oxford University Press?  If
no, you might want to spend some time with that.

	   I'm still looking for the right kind of introduction and overview to
what is available in R for time series analysis, especially with a
Bayesian approach to Kalman filtering and smoothing.  Unfortunately, I
have yet to find the key I feel I need to get started, though I found
the vignettes with zoo to be quite helpful.

	  spencer graves

--
Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer