[R] usage of the trianed networks by nnet without R enviromen t

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Sep 9 19:50:35 CEST 2005

One possibility is to look at predict.nnet(), and

- Write an R function that write out parts of an nnet object that are needed
by predict.nnet() to an external file.

- Re-write predict.nnet() in C, reading the model information from the
external file.  Obviously you'll also need the C source for the code that
predict.nnet() calls, and modify those as needed to strip out dependency on
R, if possible.

Andy