[R] Multinomial Logit and p-values

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Sep 11 02:43:02 CEST 2005

	  What have you tried?  'RSiteSearch("multinomial logit")' produced 120
hits for me just now.  'help.search("multinomial logit")' suggests the
presence of something related to multinomial logits in packages bayesm,
MCMCpack, and nnet.  If you are more specific, you might get a better
response quicker.  I believe that many people have found that the
posting guide! (http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html) was quite
useful for helping them prepare a question that produced more
informative responses quicker.

	  Best Wishes,
	  spencer graves

Sangick Jeon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to obtain p-values for coefficient estimates in a multinomial
> logit model.  Although I am able to test for significance using other
> methods (e.g., Wald statistics), I can't seem to get R to give me simple
> p-values. I am sure there is a very simple solution to this, but the R
> archives seem to have nothing on this issue. I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
> Sangick Jeon

Spencer Graves, PhD