[R] test for exponential,lognormal and gammadistribution

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Sep 11 04:55:08 CEST 2005

	  I just got 73 hits for 'RSiteSearch("test for exponential
distribution")'.  In skimming quickly the first 20, the one that seemed
most relevant to me was a reply I wrote to a similar question two months
ago (http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/37055.html).  Of
course, some of the remaining 72 may help you more.

	  spencer graves

riedwyl at giub.unibe.ch wrote:

> hello!
> i don't want to test my sample data for normality, but exponential- lognormal-
> or gammadistribution.
> as i've learnt the anderson-darling-test in R is only for normality and i am
> not supposed to use the kolmogorov-smirnov test of R for parameter estimates
> from sample data, is that true?
> can you help me, how to do this anyway!
> thank you very much!
> nadja