[R] trouble with reading data from excel

sloan jones sledepi at operamail.com
Mon Sep 12 20:58:47 CEST 2005

I have been trying to open data that I have saved in an excel spread sheet.  I saved it as a csv.  Then I tried using the read.csv command. However, everytime I do this--

diseasedat<-read.csv("M:/sloan/R/disease/disease.csv", sep=,  header = TRUE, fill= TRUE)--

I get an error message:

Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file 'M:/sloan/R/disease/disease.csv'

What am I doing wrong or what should I look for to correct this?

Sloan