[R] coxph.detail() does not work

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 13 22:04:57 CEST 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Zhen Zhang wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I tried to use coxph.detail() to get the hazard function.  But a warning
> messge always returns to me, even in the example provided by its help
> document:
>
>> ?coxph.detail
>> fit   <- coxph(Surv(futime,fustat) ~ age + rx + ecog.ps, ovarian, x=TRUE)
>> fitd  <- coxph.detail(fit)
> Warning message:
> data length [37] is not a sub-multiple or multiple of the number of
> rows [12] in matrix
>
> Can anyone suggest why it does not work?

It does work. That's a warning, not an error.

If you want to know why the warning is there, it's because the code turns
a 37-element vector into a 12x3 matrix. This drops the last element. In
S-PLUS, and in some older versions of R, there is no warning, but in
current R there is a warning.  The answer is the same, though.

 	-thomas