[R] is library loaded

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 13 23:56:48 CEST 2005

Dear Robert,

packageLoaded() may well be a bad name but loadedNamespaces() won't detect a
package without a namespace. It therefore seemed safe to me to check the
path, which would include both packages with and without namespaces. With
respect to loading and attaching, I thought that library() both loaded a
package (with or without a namespace) and attached it to the search path,
but I must admit that I'm easily confused about these distinctions.

Regards,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology