[R] bootstrapping for clustering

Eric Pante ericpante at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 00:08:52 CEST 2005

Dear R-listers,

Is anyone familiar with a package that would perform bootstrapping on
species/site matrices for clustering ? So far I have been using the
vegan package to generate trees (Bray-Curtis index), but I would like
to associate a certainty to each node (similarly to a phylogenetic
tree).
If no package exist, I would know how to generate bootstrapped matrices
of distance, but how could I plot the results ? Graphically, I am
looking for something similar to what is available from the pvclust
package (my understanding is that pvclust makes covariance clustering
from dataframes, and it cannot be used with matrices to generate
Bray-Curtis similarity dendrograms?)

Please forgive my ignorance!

Thank you in advance,
eric pante