[R] Error in vector("double", length) : vector size specified is too large....VLDs

Tom Colson tom_colson at ncsu.edu
Thu Sep 15 20:53:33 CEST 2005

> rm(data1)
> variog.1.b <- variog(raw.data)
variog: computing omnidirectional variogram
Error in vector("double", length) : vector size specified is too large

Turns out I was wrong re: # of rows...it's 304,000

Same problem. Version is 2.1.1, hardware is Dual Xeon 3.6 4 GB RAM, XP Pro
64 Bit. Can reproduce the problem with 64Bit R 2.1.1 running on Fedora 4,
same hardware.

Thomas Colson
North Carolina State University
Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources
(919) 673 8023
tom_colson at ncsu.edu

Calendar:
www4.ncsu.edu/~tpcolson