[R] help required on read.table

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Sep 16 16:34:21 CEST 2005

Hi

if you still have Excel file and can open it

open Excel
select what you want to read, including header
press ctrl-C
then in R
a<-read.delim("clipboard")

and to write from R

write.table(tab, "clipboard", sep = "\t", row.names = F)
open Excel
press ctrl-V

Looks like Excel left in your txt file  something which prevent
correct reading. Does the txt file look like you presented in other
viewer (Notepad,....)

HTH
Petr