[R] Teaching R - In front of the computer?

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:01:58 CEST 2005

Adding to Uwe's comment, in my experience is also useful to use a text
editor that connects to R (i.e. in Windows you have Tinn-R, jgr, SciViews)
so people can see the function arguments as they type.  People are
accustomed to this feature from Excel so it helps them to fell more
comfortable with the syntax.  And yes, some students used to the mainstream
point-and-click software can be REALLY slow so you may want to plan for
that!

Good luck!

Francisco