[R] waveform filtering

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Mon Sep 19 23:48:01 CEST 2005

You should probably have a look at the sound packages for R, "tuneR" and
"sound", I believe, on http://cran.r-project.org.

Applying a filter can be done with filter(), but you need to come up with
filter coefficients. "High-pass" and "low-pass" have simple descriptions in
the Fourier transform space, so you might want to specify the frequency
response of your filter directly there, then do an inverse Fourier transform
(fft() in R) to get coefficients.

The ingredients are all there in R itself; but the packages tuneR and sound
might have exactly what you want. A book on time series or signal processing
might be helpful.

Reid Huntsinger