[R] Teaching R - In front of the computer?

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 11:43:55 CEST 2005

Dear Roland,

I wrote an eight-pages manuscript with basic commands and instructions
to use the help system and gave the students series of many small
exercises. For further concepts such as matrix computations, index
manipulations, coercion, I gave short presentations (15 minutes or so),
again followed by series of exercises including some where they had to
find out about non-introduced stuff. I was available for help (of course
this works with up to 25, but not necessarily with 90 students).
It worked quite well even though it's not exactly a fast way to introduce
a lot of commands...

Christian