[R] accessing source code in R packages

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Sep 22 03:48:00 CEST 2005

R is open source.  You can download the source code from CRAN.

If you mean at the R prompt, usually you see the code for a function by
typing the name of the function at the R prompt, without parentheses.
`Usually' because some methods are delibrately `hidden' from users, and
should only be accessed through their generics.  There are still ways to get
around that.

However, the code you get at the R prompt is not the _source_, as it does
not contain any original comments.  You need to go to the source I refer to
above.

Andy