[R] Automatic creation of file names

Leite,Walter Walter.Leite at coe.ufl.edu
Thu Sep 22 16:21:06 CEST 2005

Dear R-Help members,

I have a question about how to save to the hard drive the one thousand
datasets I generated in a simulation. The datasets are created in a
"for" loop that repeatedly creates normally distributed datasets, such
as the example below:
Library(MASS)
for (number in 1:1000) {

dataset = mvrnorm(n = 400, mu = c(0,0,0),
	Sigma = matrix(c(1,0.3,0.3,0.3,1,0.3,0.3,0.3,1),3,3))
}

I don't know how to write the datasets with different names to the hard
drive. I have solved the problem before by creating a list of names
(file1.txt, file2.txt,file3.txt, etc...) in Microsoft Excel, reading it
to R with read.table, and using write.table to write each file with the
name I created in Excel.
I want to know if it is possible to create a list of file names
automatically within R to save the datasets created in my simulation.
Thank you for your help,

Walter L. Leite