[R] rkward

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 22 18:45:51 CEST 2005

> I'm testing rkward to use in my class. Now I'm using XEmacs, but for many
> people XEmacs is more complicated than R.

> Anybody here use this program?

> It use plugins, what are these plugins?

Hi!

You're lucky, I'm not subscribed to this list, but just came across your
message. I'm the lead developer of rkward, and so, yes, I also use it.

I don't know, what exactly you're planning to do with rkward. But of you
should note, that many parts of rkward are still in early development. I
suggest you ask about specific questions on rkward-devel
(http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rkward-devel).

About plugins: Only few plugins exist so far, and all those are included in
the standard distribution of rkward. There is documentation available on how
to write plugins, here:

http://rkward.sourceforge.net/devel/plugins.php

That documentation refers to the CVS-version of rkward, and will not work as
described for rkward 0.3.2.

Feel free to ask all sorts of questions on rkward-devel (there is no dedicated
users' list so far).

Thomas