[R] how to keep very small or large number?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Sep 22 19:56:26 CEST 2005

	  Your question is too vague for me.  Can you please provide a very
simple example in a few lines of code?

	  For example, do you first compute probabilities and then take
logarithms, or do you try to compute logarithms directly?  Where exactly
do you see the problem?  (The posting guide
www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html might help.)

	  spencer graves

Cunningham Kerry wrote:

> When I was computing some joint probabilities, I found
> that R reported most of the results to to -Inf and
> thus didn't record the value. I guess it is b/c the
> joint log(probability) can be extremely small. Is
> there a way in R to keep the values even if they are
> small?

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer
PDF Solutions, Inc.