[R] graphics guide?

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Tue Sep 27 15:50:49 CEST 2005

>>> Karin Lagesen <karin.lagesen at medisin.uio.no> 9/27/2005 9:27:29 AM

<<<
I am trying to create some graphs with R and it seems to be able to do
what I need. However, I have so far not been able to find any sort of
explanation of how the graphics system works. I am for instance trying
to create a multiple figure, and I seem to have to call plot.new()
before every new plot command, I have however not found any
explanation of what this actually does. ?plot.new does give an
explanation, but it is explained in R, so to speak. Where do I find
out what for instance a graphics frame is?

If you'd like a more comprehensive reference in book form, I recommend
Paul Murrell's book R Graphics.

HTH

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
http://cduhr.ndri.org
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010