[R] Plot Data Points in boxplots

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 02:34:00 CEST 2005

Is this any better?  For more along these lines, check out ?bxp for
numerous options which are accepted by boxplot, not just bxp:

boxplot(Sepal.Length ~ Species, iris,
    boxcol = 1, medcol = 2, whiskcol = 0, staplecol = 4, outcol = 0,
    boxfill = "wheat", boxlty = 0)
with(iris, stripchart(Sepal.Length ~ Species, vertical = TRUE, add = TRUE))