[R] Fast AUC computation

Tuszynski, Jaroslaw W. JAROSLAW.W.TUSZYNSKI at saic.com
Thu Sep 29 17:03:24 CEST 2005

See colAUC in caTools (there is a problem with 1.3 version, 1.4 is on the
way). See "examples" for other functions calculating AUC. An alternative
approach is:

	  x1 = x[y==1]; n1 = length(x1);
	  x2 = x[y==0]; n2 = length(x2);
	  r = rank(c(x1,x2))
        auc = (sum(r[1:n1]) - n1*(n1+1)/2) / (n1*n2)

Which is very fast.

Jarek
 Jarek Tuszynski, PhD.                           o / \
 Science Applications International Corporation  <\__,|
 (703) 676-4192                                   ">  \
 Jaroslaw.W.Tuszynski at saic.com                     `   \