[R] Binary Logit Regression with R

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Fri Sep 30 00:21:53 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 18:08 -0400, Johann Park wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I am a PH.D Student doing statistical analysis.
> I am totally new to R. I previously use Stata and am changing into R. I
> ususally do with logit regression with binary dependent variable (war
> occurence:1 or 0).
>
> I just want to know command to do that. More sepcifically,
>
> Let say, my Y is war occurence (occur=1, otherwise 0). And my independent
> variables (Xs) are trade, democracy, military power....etc.
>
> In Stata, I do like what follows:
>
> logit war trade democracy militarypower...
>
> Then I will get results.
>
> What are the equivalent command in R?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> JP

See ?glm in the base stats package or ?lrm in Frank Harrell's Design
package on CRAN.

BTW, doing:

  help.search("logit")

or

  RSiteSearch("logit")

would provide you with the ability to do keyword searches of your
current R installation or the online e-mail list and documentation
archives, respectively.

You should also review Chapter 11 - Statistical Models in R in "An
Introduction to R", which is installed with R or available online under
the Documentation/Manuals link on the main R web site.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz