[R] List Email Statistic

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 11:11:15 CEST 2005

On 30-Sep-05 Jim Lemon wrote:
> José Raul Capablanca wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> How can I can to know a mail list , to speak about
>> exclusively statistic. Thanks.
>>
> Hola Jose,
>
> If you mean a list devoted exclusively to statistics
>
> (Si desea una lista solo para la statistica)
>
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/allstat.html

I should point out that the 'allstat' list is, by policy, NOT
a discussion list (as many have found out!). It is primarily
a list for announcements etc. People do post queries, but replies
are not supposed to be sent to the list thought they are often
summarised to the list by the person making the original query.
Anything that looks as though it will develop into an on-list
discussion will be brought to a halt by the list administrator.

There is a good statistics discussion list STAT-L. See:

  http://lists.mcgill.ca/archives/stat-l.html

where you can sample the archives and find pointers to the admin
pages (for subscribing etc.). However, it has a low activity rate.

I think R-help also serves as a general statistics discussion list
which is as good as anything else I have come across! There are of
course many statistics lists for special areas of application or
particular methodology or particular software.

With best wishes,
Ted. [Or should I sign as "Emmanuel Lasker"?]

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 30-Sep-05                                       Time: 10:03:51