[R] Descriptive statistics for tables

DAVID CAMACHO opa04 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 16:12:38 CEST 2005

Thanks for your response,

What I need is extremely simple. And I suppose there
are so many way to do it.
But as I have so many files to do it, I am looking for
the simplest way (if possible)

What I meant was that I have tables with the same
numbers of rows and columns, (square form, should I
say?) like:

2,5,7
3,4,8
2,9,3

5,3,8
2,5,5
5,7,8

But I have hundreds of this onces, (bigger once).
Every one of this tables have the same size (columns,
rows). And I want to obtain the sd, z-score, and
p-value for the position [1,1], [1,2]....
[2,1],[2,2]... etc etc. That is, to obtain a table
with some simple descriptive statistics about all this
tables.
I have try different methods, but I am no familiar
with R. (by the way, I could not find the way to do
loops with R)
Any suggestion is welcome.
David