[R] argv[0] --- again

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 03:34:03 CEST 2006

dear R group:  I have the probably fairly common problem that I would
like to have one code.R file do different things if it is invoked from
a symbolic link, which should be easy to uncover.

  $ ln -s code.R code-0.R
  $ ln -s code.R code-1.R
  $ R CMD BATCH code-1.R

what needs to be in code-1.R to put code-1.r into a character vector?
help appreciated.

regards,  /ivo welch

PS :    I read the past R-help posts on the subject, but apparently
the older suggested solutions no longer work.  (commandArgs() is not
the answer, either.)  And I did also not see it under the FAQ in the R
programming section...and may I suggest this for the faq?