[R] Determining frequancy of events

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 03:47:58 CEST 2006

This is not a very generic option, but for your example you can use unique
and cbind to create a new dataframe with the results i.e

a<-c(1,2,3,1,5)
b<-c(2,2,2,2,2)
c<-c(2,3,4,2,6)

f=as.integer(table(paste(a,b,c)))#Stores only frequency

data.frame(unique(cbind(a,b,c)),freq=f)
  a b c freq
1 1 2 2    2
2 2 2 3    1