[R] finding method file?

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Mon Apr 3 22:01:10 CEST 2006

The `summary' function (i.e. the generic) is defined in the "base" package, the
source code of which is in src/library/base/R in the R source tree (try the file
"summary.R").  There are also a number of methods defined there.

The source code is not in the R *installation*, since the code for the
base/recommended packages is loaded via lazy-loaded databases.  When looking for
source code, it's good to check the sources, not the installation.

The latest release source is at
http://cran.us.r-project.org/src/base/R-2/R-2.2.1.tar.gz

-roger

Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/