[R] Maps of Canada and some (very) simple instructions

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 3 22:30:24 CEST 2006

I am a very new user of R  (ver 2.2.1 & Windows XP)

I would like to see if I can plot some simple data
(Number of people in certain regions of Canada and
within  Ontario and Quebec.  Can anyone suggest a) a
souce of Canadian maps and b) some simple worked
examples of using maps.  At the moment I have managed
to load the map and mapdata libraries but that is
about the extend of my knowledge.

So far I have not found anything that is as basic as I
need. I need something pretty simple.