[R] argv[0] --- again

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 4 00:05:14 CEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, ivo welch wrote:

> hi gabor:  thank you very much.  how do you know this stuff?  I just
> looked at the contributors() list, and you are not on it.  may I
> highly suggest that a wrapper for this become part of the R base?  it
> should also have a link from the commandArgs() help page to whatever
> this function should be called.
>
> regards,
>
> /iaw

I am amazed at the stuff Gabor knows. After I jokingly suggested R manuals
were his bedtime reading he pretty much agreed: he reads documentation and
code.

He is in any case an extraordinary resource, and his contributions to this
list are second to none. He has my vote of appreciation.

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
 		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
 		Auckland	NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Graduate Officer, Department of Statistics

ASC/NZSA 2006: "Statistical Connections"
The joint conference of the Statistical Society of Australia Inc.
and the New Zealand Statistical Association, July 3--6, 2006
in Auckland. Go to:

http://www.statsnz2006.com/